Three Oaks Engineering is seeking a Transportation Project Manager to join our expanding team in either our Durham, NC or Raleigh, NC offices. The successful candidate will manage projects and tasks associated with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation and associated studies, public and stakeholder engagement, and feasibility studies. The position will also include assisting with proposals and business development. While some travel will be required, we anticipate the position to primarily involve office work and are open to hybrid in-office and remote work schedules.
We are seeking a motivated individual who is looking to advance in their career. In the short-term, we envision this person managing projects, learning the company culture, and developing client relationships. Longer term, the current leadership team will work with the ideal candidate to help them develop into a leadership role, stepping up into a management position, supervising staff, and helping lead Three Oaks into the future.
- A minimum of a B.S. or B.A. degree in in civil or environmental engineering, planning, geography, environmental science, public administration, public policy, or a related field,
- Seven (7) or more years of experience related to NEPA, natural resources impact analysis, community impact analysis, technical report writing, environmental consulting, and/or transportation planning,
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships,
- Project management experience, including excellent project scoping and negotiating skills (scope, schedule, and budget),
- Strong attention to details, a sharp focus on project deliverables, and the ability to complete tasks within schedule and budget,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, coupled with an enthusiasm for public and stakeholder engagement,
- Proficiency in using applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team: planning, roadway, hydraulics, traffic, and natural resources,
- Experience with NCDOT and/or SCDOT environmental documents,
- Experience with multiple modes of transportation, especially transit and bicycle/pedestrian,
- Understanding of financial management of projects,
- Experience with Ajera or other Deltek accounting systems,
- Proposal writing and short-list interview experience,
- Active in professional associations with ability to network,
- Scrappiness, with a strong drive to learn and grow into a leadership role within the company.
Three Oaks offers exceptional benefits, including health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, monthly health stipend, long term/short term disability, matching 401(k), company-wide bonus program, as well as flexible work schedules and the opportunity to grow with the company. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and capabilities.
The start date for this position is flexible. Please send resume, cover letter, and three references via email to email@example.com and reference Transportation Project Manager in the subject line.
Three Oaks is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and promote employees regardless of age, race, sex, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally recognized basis.
About Three Oaks Engineering
Three Oaks Engineering is a growing, sustainably oriented, woman-owned business comprised of talented and motivated individuals who focus on helping our clients implement infrastructure projects with careful consideration of community and environmental needs. We are searching for like-minded individuals to work in a collaborative atmosphere with the goals of delivering outstanding products and superior client service while providing our employees opportunities for growth and advancement along with the flexibility to balance business and family. We pride ourselves on maintaining the kind of corporate culture envisioned by our founders, who wanted to create the type of workplace where they wanted to work.
Three Oaks’ Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI)
At Three Oaks Engineering, we believe creating a workplace that values and encourages DEI leads to a stronger team and better outcomes for our clients and is essential to achieving our mission of being a sustainable partner in our community. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels welcomed, respected, and empowered to contribute their unique skills and perspectives. We value diversity in all its forms, including diversity of thought, experience, and background.