Senior Transportation Design Engineer – Durham, NC; Raleigh, NC; or Columbia, SC
Three Oaks Engineering is seeking a full-time Senior Transportation Design Engineer to join our expanding team. The selected candidate will develop and lead a transportation design engineering group from one of our three office locations. Our goal is to provide our clients with expanded services in feasibility studies, conceptual designs, alternatives development, and corridor plans for multimodal transportation projects. The ideal candidate will enjoy collaborating with transportation planners, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) specialists, traffic engineers, systems planners, hydraulic engineers, and natural resource specialists to develop designs that meet project goals while best balancing competing needs.
Three Oaks is a growing, sustainability-oriented, woman-owned business comprised of talented and motivated individuals focused on helping clients accomplish infrastructure projects with careful consideration of community and environmental needs. We are searching for like-minded individuals to work in a collaborative atmosphere with the goals of delivering outstanding products and superior client service, while providing our employees with the flexibility to balance business and family responsibilities. Three Oaks offers exceptional benefits, including health, dental, flexible spending account, and matching 401K, as well as flexible work schedules.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering with at least 10 years of experience in roadway, transit, and/or multimodal design
- Professional Engineer in North Carolina and/or South Carolina
- Experience on NCDOT and/or SCDOT roadway design projects
- Proficiency with Microstation, Geopak, Open Roads Designer, and/or Civil 3D
- Experience with different design aspects for transportation projects (e.g., drainage, traffic control, signing)
- Strong project management experience
- Supervisory experience
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The start date for this position is flexible. Please send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Senior Transportation Design Engineer Position in the subject line.
Three Oaks is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and promote employees regardless of age, race, sex, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally recognized basis.