Three Oaks Engineering is seeking a full-time engineer to join our expanding hydraulic design team. The position can be located in any of our three office locations (Durham, NC; Raleigh, NC; West Columbia/Cayce, SC). Three Oaks is a growing, sustainability-oriented, woman-owned business comprised of talented and motivated individuals focused on helping clients accomplish infrastructure projects with careful consideration of community and environmental needs. We are searching for like-minded individuals to work in a collaborative atmosphere with the goals of delivering outstanding products and superior client service, while providing our employees with the flexibility to balance business and family responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will support our hydraulic design group in leading hydraulic and erosion and sediment control design and floodplain modeling within our growing company. Three Oaks recently started a transportation design group to work cohesively with our established hydraulic design group. Our goal is to offer our transportation clients expanded services in hydraulic and transportation design for multimodal transportation and other infrastructure planning and design projects. This position will also support our existing services in environmental permitting, stormwater control measure (SCM) inspection, and watershed planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, Biological & Agricultural Engineering or equivalent education.
- Professional Engineer with at least at least 3 years of experience in either hydraulic or water resources engineering.
- Professional Engineer in North Carolina and/or South Carolina or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Experience with various hydrologic and hydraulic analysis software (HEC-RAS, HY-8, GEOPAK Drainage, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, HydroCAD, etc.).
- An interest in contributing to multiple design disciplines in a collaborative work environment.
- Experience with the linear transportation design process.
- Proficiency with Microstation, Civil3D, and/or OpenRoads Designer.
- Experience with NCDOT and/or SCDOT design projects.
- Experience with Floodplain modeling, No-Rise Certifications, and Conditional Letters of Map Revision (CLOMRs).
- NCDOT Level III Erosion Control Design Certification.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM).
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The start date for this position is flexible. Please send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Hydraulic Engineer Position in the subject line.
Three Oaks is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and promote employees regardless of age, race, sex, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally recognized basis.