Three Oaks Engineering is seeking a full-time Hydraulic Engineer to join our expanding team in any of our three office locations (Durham, NC; Raleigh, NC; West Columbia/Cayce, SC). Three Oaks is a growing, sustainability-oriented, woman-owned business comprised of talented and motivated individuals focused on helping clients accomplish infrastructure projects with careful consideration of community and environmental needs. We are searching for like-minded individuals to work in a collaborative atmosphere with the goals of delivering outstanding products and superior client service, while providing our employees with the flexibility to balance business and family responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will support our hydraulic engineering and stormwater group within our growing company. Our goal is to offer our clients expanded services in hydrologic analysis and hydraulic engineering for multimodal transportation and other infrastructure projects, Stormwater Control Measures (SCM) planning and design, and resiliency planning. This position will also support our existing services in environmental permitting, SCM inspection, and watershed planning.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, Biological & Agricultural Engineering or equivalent education
• Engineer Intern (EI) certification
• Experience in drainage design, bridge and culvert design, H&H analyses, SCM design, erosion and sediment control design, FEMA permitting, and/or Clean Water Act Section 404/401 permitting
• Proficiency with Microstation, Civil3D, and/or Open Road Designer
• Familiarity with hydrologic and hydraulic software such as HEC-RAS, HY-8, GEOPAK Drainage, StormCAD, SUDA, and HydroCAD
• At least 3 years of experience in hydrologic analysis and hydraulic engineering
• Professional Engineer in North Carolina and/or South Carolina or ability to obtain within 18 months
• Experience on NCDOT and/or SCDOT design projects
• NCDOT Level III Erosion Control Design Certification
• Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
Three Oaks offers exceptional benefits, including health, dental, and matching 401K, as well as flexible work schedules and the opportunity to grow with the company. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and capabilities.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The start date for this position is flexible. Please send resume, cover letter, and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Hydraulic Engineer Position in the subject line.
Three Oaks is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and promote employees regardless of age, race, sex, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally recognized basis.