Three Oaks offers extensive environmental planning and National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA) and State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) document preparation experience.
Our services include managing the preparation of the NEPA documents, performing specialty studies (such as natural resource surveys, indirect and cumulative impact analyses, community impact analyses, traffic noise assessments, and alternatives analyses), and providing opportunities for public engagement
Our staff understand the complexity of planning transportation projects, including design and constructability challenges, and community and natural system concerns. This understanding helps us provide top level evaluation and realistic development of alternatives for our clients.
Our expertise includes:
- Developing purpose and need statements
- Evaluating proposed project alternatives
- Analyzing potential impacts to communities and natural systems
- Coordinating with federal, state, and local governments
- Planning large public workshops and small group meetings
- Conducting in-person and virtual-based public outreach
- Performing specialty studies to support NEPA documentation
- Developing Section 4(f) Evaluations.
We have successfully developed NEPA / SEPA documentation for infrastructure projects of all sizes in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia, including:
- Categorical Exclusions – completed for projects or activities typically excluded from a more detailed evaluation due to the minimal potential for impacts.
- Environmental Assessments – developed to determine whether potential impacts would be significant
- Environmental Impact Statements – prepared for projects presumed or determined to have significant impacts.